A Day in Greenville-- Featuring Furman

This weekend, I was lucky enough to have the time to check out part of the Furman University campus. Furman is said to be one of the most beautiful campuses in the world, and that it was. Thankfully, it's relatively close to where we live. My dad asked if I would want to go check it out when we went to meet up with some friends, and possibly my cousin who is currently attending school there. I went not knowing if I would truly like the campus, but thought it would definitely be worth looking at. We went to the Cross Country meet there on campus where we met up with our friends. This was my first time in Greenville other than driving through, so after the meet, we went to the downtown area of Greenville and ate brunch at Tupelo Honey
(they also have other locations, two in Asheville, NC that I'm certain of) 
Their portions are massive, so I couldn't eat more than half my omelet. After we ate, we walked around and took pictures. It's a fun city, it feels clean and is really upbeat. As we were walking around, we stopped to listen to these twin brothers that were playing their violins. We stayed there for about an hour staring and listening in amazement. They were phenomenal. They're known as the Synergy Twins Duo and you can find them on Instagram and Facebook if you're interested. We also walked down to the river and waterfalls. It was blazing hot which I was surprised about considering Hurricane Irma* is creating crazy weather even here in NC. I love that Greenville's architecture is also very modern, not all, but most. The glass buildings add a clean touch to the city and they're like beautiful pieces of art. And speaking of art, there are sculptures everywhere you look there, and I LOVE that. Art is in everything, but it's even more spectacular when you see something so extravagant in the middle of a park for everyone to stare at and appreciate. 




It turns out that I am very well interested in Furman now and am considering applying next fall when I have to crack down on applications. I love how close it is to downtown Greenville, the beautiful campus. And the fact that my cousin goes there gives me someone to talk to in the near future about what it's like to be a student there. 




* I want to include a piece about Hurricane Irma. As you have probably read multiple times, Irma is damaging homes, cities, states, etc. like crazy. Some of which are where your family lives, mine, and someone else's. So, if you would, just say a prayer if you haven't already. I hope your families stay safe, and you as well. 

Check out some of the pictures from 
my day in Greenville  
















Thanks for reading my blog and looking at my pictures! Subscribe to follow me on my journey, & check me out on social media!!! Au revoir, Nichola Rae. ❤❤❤ 


1 comment :

  1. So glad you were able to spend some time in Greenville! Furman will always have a special place in my heart.

    ReplyDelete

Copyright © Nichola Rae Writes | Blog Design by Get Polished